Situated in the heart of the vibrant Grand Strand golf scene is one of Myrtle Beach’s most requested designs: Arrowhead Country Club, a Raymond Floyd/Tom Jackson design collaboration that has enjoyed a steady stream of repeat, loyal customers for more than two decades. In 1998, it earned the distinction of being named “South Carolina Golf Course of the Year” by the National Golf Course Owners Association.
Just what makes Arrowhead a special golf experience? We’ve got five good reasons right here:
1. The course is impeccably manicured year-round. Arrowhead’s grounds crew goes the extra yard to make sure you remember how good the course conditions were for your round, no matter the season. They’re also one of a select group of courses that routinely overseeds its layout in the offseason, giving it the kind of deep-hued, “wall to wall green” appearance that makes it easy to forget it’s February, not May.
2. It’s masterfully blended with its Intracoastal Waterway surroundings. Arrowhead plays frequently into or along a scenic stretch of water that serves as a defining element on several holes, including No. 5 along its Waterway nine that’s widely regarded as the course’s signature hole.
3. Arrowhead offers multiple playing options. It’s one of a handful of 27-hole layouts along the Grand Strand, with each 9-hole set offering distinctly different looks thanks to a masterfully crafted use of elevation changes. So in whatever combination you play two of the Cypress, Waterway and Lakes nines, you’re in for a truly unique playing experience.
4. With Arrowhead, the Raymond Floyd/Tom Jackson tandem make quite the design statement. Floyd places a premium on blending his handiwork with its natural surroundings, while Jackson is at his best when infusing creative elements throughout his design – including, as Jackson describes it, a “3-dimensional look” with many holes accented by moguls and undulation.
5. The price is right. For a course seen by many as a premium offering, it comes without an exorbitant price tag. And it’s one of 12 courses available on our Beach’s Best Package deal, featuring 3 nights’ lodging and 3 rounds of golf from just $258 per person.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Beach’s Best Package, and be sure to include Arrowhead Country Club as part of your perfect Myrtle Beach golf getaway!