If the priority for your group is great golf, the Myrtle Beach’s Best package should be at the top of your list.
There are few deals – anywhere in America – that allow golfers access to so many renowned layouts at such a value price.
Hyperbole, you say?
– The Myrtle Beach’s Best package allows you to choose among 12 layouts, including six that have been ranked among America’s top 100 public courses. Caledonia, True Blue, Tidewater and the Fazio, Love and Dye courses at Barefoot Resort have all been top 100 layouts, according to Golf Digest.
– The Intracoastal Waterway is an engineering marvel and a beautiful backdrop for a golf course. Four Myrtle Beach’s Best layouts - Glen Dornoch, the Norman Course at Barefoot, Tidewater and Arrowhead – play along the Waterway. Choosing the best waterway view is difficult, but the 17th and 18th holes at Glen Dornoch are tough to beat. Then again, so is No. 10 at the Norman Course. Regardless of your preferences, the point remains: this quartet is long on scenery.
– Some of the biggest names in golf designed the Myrtle Beach’s Best courses. Greg Norman, Tom Fazio, Mike Strantz, Pete Dye, P.B. Dye, Raymond Floyd and Gary Player all left their mark on the package. Two of the most underrated courses in the area are the P.B. Dye designed Prestwick Country Club and Blackmoor, a creation of Gary Player. If you are an architecture buff, this package is for you.
– The geographic distribution of the courses is ideal, allowing group leaders to craft an itinerary that minimizes driving, if they choose. Groups that prefer to play along the North Strand have an abundance of options, beginning with the four courses at Barefoot, Tidewater and Glen Dornoch. If you prefer the South Strand experience, Caledonia, True Blue and Blackmoor make that convenient as well.
– Value comes in many forms; sometimes gift cards, complimentary meals and free replays push a deal over the top. In the case of the Myrtle Beach’s Best package, value is delivered through the quality of golf and a price that can’t be matched, particularly in other destinations, for a comparable experience.
If you want to experience the Grand Strand’s best, the MBB package is for you.