Summer is here and we are already experiencing high temperatures throughout the day. When you are playing your round of golf in
1. Drink at least 32oz of water before you play or practice. Pre-hydration is one of the misunderstood parts of preparing for long-term exposure to the heat. If you fill your body with water before going out you will give your body something to sweat out. If you are not sweating, you are probably closed to the beginning stages of dehydration. Dehydration is a serious condition that can lead to death. Be careful and pre-hydrate your body with water.
2. Eat something solid about an hour before you play. An empty stomach will turn sour if you spend four hours out in the heat.
3. Drink at least 16oz of water for each nine holes of golf you play. More is better and you cannot put to much water in your system.
4. Wet a big towel and lay it across your neck. This will cool your entire body.
5. Post-hydrate after your round. Drink another 16oz of water or a sports drink. This will aid in cooling your body down quicker and get you in your comfort zone